WORKING OF ASP.NET
• When a browser requests an HTML file, the server returns the file.
• When a browser requests an ASP.NET file, IIS passes the request to the ASP.NET engine on the server.
• The ASP.NET engine reads the file, line by line, and executes the scripts in the file.
• Finally, the ASP.NET file is returned to the browser as plain HTML.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ASP AND ASP.NET
• Code behind in asp. net allows separation of business logic from UI which is not possible in asp.
• ASP. Net uses ADO .Net objects which are represented using XML and hence they are lightweight and can travel through firewalls. ASP uses ADO record sets which are binary COM objects heavier than ADO.Net counterparts and cannot travel through firewalls.
• ASP.Net supports object oriented programming. ASP is procedural.
• ASP.Net is compiled and hence performs better. ASP is pure scripting and hence interpreted at the time of page load.
• ASP.Net has caching and exception handling which is not available with ASP.
• ASP.NET has better language support, a large set of new controls, XML-based components, and better user authentication.
• ASP.NET provides increased performance by running compiled code.
• ASP.NET code is not fully backward compatible with ASP.
ADVANTAGE OF ASP.NET
• ASP.NET drastically reduces the amount of code required to build large applications.
• With built-in Windows authentication and per-application configuration, your applications are safe and secured.
• It provides better performance by taking advantage of early binding, just-in-time compilation, native optimization, and caching services right out of the box.
• The ASP.NET framework is complemented by a rich toolbox and designer in the Visual Studio integrated development environment. WYSIWYG editing, drag-and-drop server controls, and automatic deployment are just a few of the features this powerful tool provides.
• Provides simplicity as ASP.NET makes it easy to perform common tasks, from simple form submission and client authentication to deployment and site configuration.
• The source code and HTML are together therefore ASP.NET pages are easy to maintain and write. Also the source code is executed on the server. This provides a lot of power and flexibility to the web pages.
• All the processes are closely monitored and managed by the ASP.NET runtime, so that if process is dead, a new process can be created in its place, which helps keep your application constantly available to handle requests.
• It is purely server-side technology so, ASP.NET code executes on the server before it is sent to the browser.
• Being language-independent, it allows you to choose the language that best applies to your application or partition your application across many languages.
• ASP.NET makes for easy deployment. There is no need to register components because the configuration information is built-in.
• The Web server continuously monitors the pages, components and applications running on it. If it notices any memory leaks, infinite loops, other illegal activities, it immediately destroys those activities and restarts itself.
• Easily works with ADO.NET using data-binding and page formatting features. It is an application which runs faster and counters large volumes of users without having performance problems.
For Share :-