WHAT IS PHP
• PHP(Hypertext Preprocessor) is a server-side scripting language that is embedded in HTML. It is used to manage dynamic content, databases, session tracking, even build entire e-commerce sites, like ASP
• PHP supports many databases such as:- MySQL, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, Solid, PostgreSQL, Generic ODBC, etc.
• PHP is open source software, Hence it is P is free to download and use
• PHP scripts are executed on the server
• PHP supports a large number of major protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and LDAP. PHP4 added support for Java and distributed object architectures (COM and CORBA), making n-tier development a possibility for the first time.
• PHP was released in 1995 by a programmer Rasmus Lerdorf and is now maintained by PHP Group with the name of personal homepage tools.
USE OF PHP
• PHP performs system functions, i.e. from files on a system it can create, open, read, write, and close them.
• PHP can handle forms, i.e. gather data from files, save data to a file, through email you can send data, return data to the user.
• You add, delete, and modify elements within your database through PHP.
• Access cookies variables and set cookies.
• Using PHP, you can restrict users to access some pages of your website.
• It can encrypt data.
• PHP files can contain text, HTML tags and scripts.
• PHP files are returned to the browser as plain HTML
• PHP files have a file extension of ".php", ".php3", or ".phtml"
• PHP runs on different platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.)
• PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
• PHP is case sensitive.
ADVANTAGE OF PHP
• Reduce the time to create large websites.
• Create a customized user experience for visitors based on information that you have gathered from them.
• Open up thousands of possibilities for online tools. Check out PHP - Hot Scripts for examples of the great things that are possible with PHP.
• Allow creation of shopping carts for e-commerce websites.
For Share :-